A full copy of my Data Protection Policy is available upon request.
Please note that I do not send Mail shots and neither do I sell or Trade Data. I am a complimentary Therapist, My Sole aim is to enable you to relax and reduce your stress levels. The Information that I hold regarding to my clients, I am required to keep for a certain period of time, after which I destroy these records by shredding them.
The information I retain, is used for the sole purpose of treating you. The information is not shared with third parties, and is kept locked safely away. The information I hold will be retrieved immediately prior to your appointment, updated, with information relating to your treatment, then locked away again immediately after your treatment.
2. Email marketing: I do not use Email as a form of marketing. I rely on word of mouth and people contacting me through my Social Media Pages. The only circumstances I would email you would be to discuss your appointments or treatments. You will be asked to sign a declaration when you start your treatment to accept this form of communication.
3. Links: We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
3. Storing your information: your information is not stored electronically. It is stored in a locked filing cabinet.
4. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to destroy your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for 7 years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
5. Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by myself, for clinical purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time.
6. Sharing your information: your information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
7. Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We take confidentiality seriously and will not pass on or sell your data to anyone unless there is a legal reason.